THE KIND PRINCE.


There once lived a prince in a great big castle.
He was a very kind prince .One day a loud knock was heard on the castle’s front door.
When the kind prince opened the gigantic castle doors, he was amazed by what he saw.
In front of him was standing this beautiful princess, her eyes as blue as the sky, her hair glowed like gold and her skin sparkled.
Next to her was this little wrinkled old woman looked more like a witch her hair was messy and her face covered with warts. The beautiful princes batting her eyelashes said, oh kind prince would you let me in from the cold I am hungry and have not eaten for days?
The kind prince looked down upon these two women and said nothing.
Then the old witch also spoke, oh kind prince of whom I have heard so much about, your kindness is well known .I am also hungry and I am cold.
The beautiful princess was not about to let this ugly old witch get her wish. You see the prince had to make a decision, because he was only permitted to let one person in at a time. This was the rule in this castle for many generations and he was not about to brake his castle’s rules. It was at this point when the beautiful gentle princess became very loud and very mean and said you better not let this dirty old witch in instead of me, look at her she is filthy and old. The kind prince stared at the little old woman, than softly she spoke and said, oh, kind prince the beautiful one is right .For I am an old woman and I am dirty and I do not deserve your kindness. The prince looked up and said I have made my desicion .He reached out and held the old woman’s hand and led her into the castle. The very second the old woman stepped through the door ,the prince was blinded by the brightest light he had ever seen not able to look into the light he closed his eyes, but when he reopened them in the place of the old woman stood a beautiful princess , the most beautiful princess he had ever seen. When he looked outside of the castle doors he saw that the beautiful princess he had refused entry to, had turned into an evil old witch.
The beautiful princess thanked the kind prince , you see my kind prince, many years ago the old witch had cast a spell on me ,that until the day that someone can see through my ugly exterior and see the kindness inside my heart the spell would not be broken.
The prince said it was not an easy thing for me to decide, but when you spoke and I heard the beauty inside of you, I knew then you were a kind woman regardless of what you looked like. Beauty does not always come wrapped in a pretty package.

This is a story I recently told my eight year old son, I explained the moral of the story is that we must never judge people by what they look like .When he asked where I had read it I told him well I just made it up! He was so spellbound by it. I now have to make one up every night he sleeps over. I love the intensity and the curiosity in his eyes as he listens to my stories
.

Comments

  1. truer than fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings !
    This looks like an abandoned blog,but am glad to find this story that you narrated to your son.Am sure such stories would make him choose wisely amongst his friends, when he grows up ...to sieve the real beauty from people and take it.
    Best wishes
    Autre
    No I donot know you and hope it is okay to post this comment on your blog, if at all it reaches you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your did create this story; however, please read Hans Christian Andersen. You must be a great writer in the works to be in that company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The end is near

Pushed over the edge.

My son is being released from prison