He is big now

Today I heard two co workers talk about their kids. One who happens to be a good buddy of mine was telling the other co worker that he is glad his son is big now and he doesn't have to pick him up or carry him around. I know his son and he is but only 8 years young. my son is 10 and I still pick him up when he wants to be picked up , I still kiss and hug him and tell him I love him every chance I get, when I lay on the couch he jumps on me and we lay down together and watch TV. I still read to him at night and sometimes he falls asleep next me and I later tuck him in his bed. I treasure all these moments because I know how fast time passes by us, only to one day ask, where did the years go? I love my son and there is nothing I won't do for him, I would give my life for him with out a thought. I wish all fathers and mothers would stop for one moment step back and make time for their kids. Children grow up too fast these days and there is very little time for them to be kids. I will never stop loving nor hugging nor kissing nor telling him how proud I am and how much I love him. When he is too old to hear these things I will still say them, if I have to I will say them under my breath but he will always know his dad loves him and will never stop loving or treasuring him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The end is near

Pushed over the edge.

My son is being released from prison