Sorry Daddy!

That was the first thing he said to me. I picked him up Wednesday after work like I do every Wednesday .Riddled with guilt I was , haven't slept for almost three nights. One migraine after another.What a shitty week I had before this incident and after.

It was going to be a fun filled weekend for us a few rental videos , maybe go swimming to my friends pool, she has been kind enough to give us a key to her condo and the use of her pool.A death in the family lead to me taking care of one of my nephews that Friday night. That is when it all began a weekend I will not soon forget! They were so misbehaved , my son has been acting up lately , answering back getting angry and just getting rebellious.I see the anger in him same anger I saw in his mother all those years.(God please don't let him turn out like her).
by Sunday night I had had it I didn't sleep well I was tired from work the previous week, his mother had called a few days before complaining that he has anger issues and he doesn't want to listen to anybody.I could hear him in the back seat of her car as she was yelling and screaming about his behaviour. I wonder who really has the anger issues?

I love my son I would give my life for him,anyone that knows me knows I am a good and loving father. I was so mad about his behaviour .Grandma called and invited us over for Sunday night dinner his two cousins were also there, one a little darling the other a little Devil.
I should have known better and just stayed home. The night was ruined with his cousin the older boy acting like a maniac out of control, then my son soon followed suite.I could see the frustration in my parents face , my head about to explode. The kids were acting like they had been possessed.After many many warning and talking to him.I finally lost it.I picked him up said we had to go , he left kicking and screaming.I was out of my mind , I love him so much,that is why I can't get over the guilt of what I said to him next " I hate you you ruined my life"
God please forgive me , the guilt I now carry weighs heavy upon my already burdened shoulders.The second I said it I wished for time to stand still and erase this moment of weakens I had encountered.

I am sorry he said when I picked him up on Wednesday, after a long hug in front of all his classmates I also said I am sorry my son. Why are you sorry Daddy? The innocence in his voice told me his love was no match for the mean words I used three nights before. His love for me had erased any trace of what I had said.
I am sorry for the things I said Daddy over reacted and I should not have said those things I love you and always will. I know that Daddy I am not upset!

Love is a wonderfull cure I still regret tremendously what I said , but I take comfort in knowing that I had a moment of weakness and my son's love for me is unconditional.Kids are amazing beings and they can teach us so much if we just listen to them just like we ask them to listen to us.

I love you Buddy!

Popular posts from this blog

The end is near

Pushed over the edge.

My son is being released from prison