If I had a wish!

I wish to go away.
Run from my problems and hide for a day.
Forget all my worries and leave them behind, forget they exit and freedom is mine.
Alone on a journey, a journey of hope, a trip full of wonder and not the end of a rope.
Peace is what I am after. Happiness ever after.
Depression my worst foe anxiety it has its hold.
That is what I fear and I fear it the most, is there no escape to a land with the most.
I fear for my family, I fear for my friends, I think of my problems, will they ever end.
I raise my cup and I make a toast, I have one drink and feel I want this,
I want this the most.
I dream of a land so far away, a land full of wonder and a land without hate. .
Is there such a place? Is there any hope?
I stay optimistic but I want one more smoke.
It is killing me, that I know, but I long for the drink and I long for the smoke.
I want to get away leave it behind, the pain the suffering but mostly the wine.
What a dream, a dream to be hold, a dream nonetheless, and a dream to be told.
I have not given up, but I have been close.
A window open another door closed.
The finish is near but uncertain it is, when I cross that line that had better be it.

Comments

  1. Have you heard of EFT?

    website: www.emofree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday a star will beam upon a moss gray stone,
    and trace a name in silver beams,
    and it will be your own,
    a little blame, a little fame,
    a laugh lest you may moan,
    a little pain, a little shame,
    a star gleam on a stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " a window open another door closed"... i feel excatly the same... but then life goes on, doesn't it? we just need to look at the positive side of it...

    cheer up, everything will be well..

    :-)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this really struck a chord with me... well done and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

    The best way to get through anything is to tackle it one bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My son is being released from prison

The end is near

JUST ONE MORE PILL