My dream last night.


I had a terrible night's rest !
I might have slept perhaps three hours, maybe four.

I wanted to share a dream I had last night, I want to share it, well because I have never had a dream quite like it before. In my dream, I am an older man maybe ten fifteen years from now, it involved my ex wife and our son.

You see I have always had this vision a dream or more like a desire, I have always wanted to move away. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city life.Away from all the sorrow and dreariness’ that seems to be rampant in our surroundings, just leave it all behind and start a new life.A littl eplace out in the country , just like the one in the photo.

In my dream I had a friend or knew someone I am foggy on those details, in my dream I knew someone that had sold her ranch. It was an amazing place out in the countryside. Sprawling grounds, rolling hills of lash green. Enchanting and mesmerizing sunsets.
Beautiful! if I had to describe it in one word. The house was this big old Victorian farmhouse .Not part of what I wanted for my dream, but as you will read on although it was I dream I had ,it was not a dream I possessed.

In this dream my ex wife had become very successful, I mean she is now ,that is for sure , but in this dream she was extremely successful.

In my dream we were both older ,much older much more mature. Somehow, we crossed paths, something , some higher power had brought us together again. But still worlds apart.


I was in the kitchen of this house visiting my friend; we were talking about her recent sale of this property. She told me , the new buyer was on her way , and asked if I wanted to stay around to meet her. Sure , what‘s the harm in that? I said. Then I saw her! The mother of my child. It has been years, many years since I saw her last. She looked older much older, allot more lines to her face more gray than I remember. Life had been kind to her, but time had left her mark. She was not the young vibrant olive skin girl I knew a lifetime ago.
Nevertheless, for some reason that was all I saw, the young beautiful olive skin girl I was once in love with.
She walked in and noticed me, although shocked and somewhat startled by my presence, she looked somewhat pleased .
I too was agreeable with this turn of events. My son was grown up ! He always speaks of the day when he will live with me how he misses me and how he wants to spend his teenage years with me. In my dream that never took place. In my dream, he had distanced himself from me and had grown up with his mom. He seemed somewhat saddened.
I offered her a tour of the sprawling grounds, and she graciously accepted.
We did not speak much; we just kind of caught our eyes occasionally and just smiled. She said she had done very well financially and that is why she was buying this estate ! I looked at her and said , I knew you would always do well. I am very happy for you, than she smiled again.
We walked some more, not a word was spoken of the past or of the days gone by.
We came back to the grand entrance and gave each other a simple stare than we smiled at each other and walked away . We did not even say hello and we did not even say good-bye.
As I was leaving , a ranch, hand asked if I was the new owner, I chuckled. You see this place was too grandiose for me. I wanted the simple life.
This in no way by any stretch, was the simple life. A grand ballroom and a concert hall in a farmhouse were not my idea of a simple life.
I said no, the Lady over there is .You two are not together? He asked.
No I said, he wanted to know further , so he asked why? I had to think about it for a moment and had a very hard time coming up with an answer.
In another lifetime, back in the past, we were together and now simply we are not. However, that was a very long time ago I assured him. Then I suddenly realized in my dream, something that has eluded me for years and perhaps for years to come. In my dream, I had found forgiveness in my heart. I always believed in forgiveness .The undeniable difference in my dream was that I had found something ever more essential to life than forgiveness. I had forgotten! For a while, there when this man asked why we were not together, I actually had to think back, I mean it had been so, so many years. I had forgotten our troubled past and I had forgiven. Maybe, I tell myself I had realized full forgiveness. I guess forgetting would just be a natural process after that.
I woke up still tired and groggy somewhat dizzy.
I lay on my bed the clock was flashing twelve; there was a power out, last night I told myself. I looked around the room every thing was flashing.
I managed myself off the bed and reached for my wristwatch. Man I only slept four hours. Although somewhat disheartened at the fact that I had a very short night’s rest. I somehow felt “good” I felt at peace with myself. I hope one day , one day soon; I am able to find that level of forgiveness and reach that mountaintop of forgetting.
All I can remember about the end now , is that I wished her well and that she had earned this dream of mine that had somehow now become hers.

Comments

  1. Hi,

    I found your site through David's. That was a lovely dream. I understand perfectly what you mean...

    cheers!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The end is near

My son is being released from prison

JUST ONE MORE PILL