THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.


The woman I loved , now lies in some one Else's arms. The woman I loved has forgotten all the good times we had , all the laughs we shared all the pain we endured during our first few years together.

We married in the mid 90s , we decided to wait a couple of years before we started a family.Little did we know how difficult this simple plan we had concocted would be to implement.
It took three years for us to be able to conceive. The struggle the emotional roller coaster the pain we endured , no one could have foretold .
At times I wondered myself , was this the will of God?. Are we not meant to become parents?.
As it turned out there was a problem that needed a small surgical procedure to be performed on her.
About a month after her surgery we were on our way to becoming proud parents of the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen.

I always (naively) believed that things would change ,that she would change once we had a baby.I was never more wrong.
Her anger ,her bouts with PMS ,which she totally denied although diagnosed by our family Doctor.
It all got worse much much worse.

It used to be that when she had her (episodes) or as her Father once put it, when the devil came into her, I used to be able to somehow ,after a short while I was able to calm her down.

I endured much pain through out our marriage. I was hit many times , beaten up if you will.

I managed to brake many things, with my head of course.
With some help from her if you haven't figured it out.

Although it was extremely difficult and painful I stuck it out . I won't say I never thought of leaving, yes I thought about it many many times.
But coming from a family where both sets of grandparents were divorced and seeing the damage this had done to my parents and their siblings, I bowed I would never leave.

Little did I know that one day that decision would not be mine to make .

It wasn't easy being a parent, but it was even more difficult being her husband.
When we met she didn't have a penny to her name . I inherited all her debts when we married.I cashed in all my savings you see I was about eight years older than her and I had been working since I was fifteen , I managed to put away a little bit of money , not allot but just enough to pay for our wedding and a small down payment on our first home.
Don't get me wrong not that she came from a poor family no, that was not the case.
Her father hated her so much in front of me he once said he would never give her a dime , he would rather burn it all than give her any.

I always bought her stories of torture , the tales she told of her abusive parents. It turned out her father wasn't the nicest man in the world (that is for sure) her Mother was and I am sure still is a wonderful woman, I loved her very much and I miss her very much till this day.
Her father was not the monster she made him out to be . Trust me I knew this family for almost ten years before we separated this man would never win father of the year award or anything , but the two of them hated each other with such passion that could incite two friendly nations to war.

I could never understand why she hated him so much. At the same time I could never understand why he hated her so much.

He once said to me soon after we separated that when we were married he said to his wife , now she is his problem (meaning me).
As I later learned this behaviour she displayed had been a pattern for many years since she was young. It apparently got worse when she hit puberty.
There was allot of violence in that house walls were damaged fists were thrown the police were even involved many times. Once I later found out she was so out of control after her father removed her bedroom door , yes he actually took the door off of the hinges and put it away because every time she got upset she would slam the door so hard the foundation would shake , that is how it was described to me.

Well apparently this just set her over the edge she went after her father , she went after her mother( this sounds like the making of a Hollywood horror).
But it is all true , no script was written no editors were involved.
And no happy ending .

The police show up and they restrain her. Her father takes some cash out of his pockets and tells the cops to put her up somewhere and don't bring her back, she was just a child not even old enough to drive.

She may have been difficult, but in my eyes and some people would not believe I can still say this,that was no way for her father to behave.
She needed help , heck they needed help , professional help.

But I guess their lack of education and with their abundance of ignorance this too would be something that seemed to be part of another Galaxy for them.

I know this because they told me themselves they did nothing wrong at anytime ,
they said and I quote ( the devil was inside her ).
I can tell you from experience she was no angel, but the devil was not inside her.

I wish someone had done something for her then , I might not be here today pouring my heart out , who knows.
I can go on for ever with the stories of my beatings. But I rather not , I will
however tell you two occasions that will for ever be engraved in my head like a vain traveling through a piece of granite that has lasted perhaps millions of years.
I once had to explain to my co workers how my not even a year old child managed to throw a toy at my right eye so hard that it was black and blue for a week, someone made a joke that he must be like Bam Bam.
I laughed not cause it was funny but only cause it validated my story.Another time was in the middle of summer, now try to imagine if you can I worked in an area where steam and hot oil travelled through miles of intricate pipe work.
You can imagine the heat this recipe could produce.
I show up to work with long sleeves usually not an issue you just roll up your sleeves and away you go. I couldn't do that you see, my arms were scratched from end to end my shoulders covered in bruises. The sleeves were all I had to hide the truth . To conceal the identity of the woman I was living with for up until resent no one knew other than her close friends and her in denial relatives that she was capable of such violence.
Why didn't I leave ? I am sure you are asking . I suppose you could ask a battered wife the same question. "LOVE" that is why .Love makes you blind they say, I guess I was deaf dumb and blind. But mostly I stayed simply cause I loved her so.


The straw that broke the camel's back as they say, was when I confirmed with the hiring of a private investigator, my long founded suspicion of my wife's affair with a married man.

She is now living the high life since we split she has been promoted several times her boyfriend has moved in( not his choice I think) since his wife through him out after she found out( YES WITH MY HELP) what would you have done?

Well now she went from me ,supporting her and paying all the bills for all those years, to what she calls her self now , a sales executive.Good for her I say all the power to you! I always knew she would do well .(Congrats M )

She makes about 200ks the problem is she rubs it in my face every chance she gets.She has called me a loser she has said my family are white trash( I guess she forgets her Dad used to pick worms and clean toilets for a living before he made money in Real estate)

Every single court appearance I have to face them both her and the boyfriend (oh yeas he trails behind her like a lost puppy) although a well trained one it seems.They both dress in designer wear they look like they just stepped off the runway from a Versace fashion show.

Our next court date is in May , wish me luck in my Salvation Army attire!


THE DEVIL DOES IN THIS CASE WEAR PRADA!

I thank you for taking the time to read this, it is comforting for me to be
able to share in detail some of the chapters of my life.my life .
Feel free to pass this on.Good night and God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

Volcano...