Happy Easter!

Hello buddy, it's Daddy calling happy Easter, I love you can't wait to see you on Wednesday, bye bye!

That was the message I left my son this morning on his Mom's answering machine.She never picks up when I call, why ?

Not more than two minutes go by and I get a call, hello ? Hi Daddy, Happy Easter ! he says excitedly.Wow I just left you a message , you did? he asked.
Yes about two minutes ago, no matter I say ,happy Easter!. Daddy did the Easter bunny come by your house? . Of course he did he came by and left you a little something.
Daddy , I had an Easter egg hunt today! you did? where did you go?I asked.
no where , we had one here, I was puzzled . I suppose Mom must have had an epiphany ,she was never the type to do anything festive or anything that required any amount of effort.Maybe I was wrong , maybe some people can change.

No! I don't believe that for one second.

An Easter egg hunt?Good for you buddy , did you have fun? yes and we are coloring Easter eggs and I made a yellow one for you like your favorite color , he says proudly. Wow that's great thank you buddy.
I have to go Daddy ! he says ,Mom is calling me.

When will my son and I be able to freely speak on the phone without him being told to get off?.

Oh the joy a simple undertaking, like coloring eggs can bring to a child . I was somewhat bothered , I guess . All day I asked myself, why ? Why am I not there with my son enjoying this marvelment of an experience with him?

I sometimes have to remind myself why.

I guess it is OK to get lost in a fantasy at times, as children we all believe in ferry tales , maybe as adults some of us still do.
I guess maybe I felt a bit bewildered today , as I often do on special occasions.
I missed my son today, but I think what I miss the most at holidays is family. The family I thought I once had, little did I know that family was also just a fantasy.

Life goes on ,there will be many more Easters ahead , as there have been before us.
I just hope ,I get to decorate some Easter eggs with my son before he gets too old to say "I love you Daddy".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

My son is being released from prison