I dreamed I could fly.


I dreamed I could fly. I was soaring above the clouds.
My right hand felt the comfort of your warm supple skin. My hand tight around yours, I held you secure, not for the fear of you falling but for fear of the loss. Therefore, we flew; we flew over the mountains and over the sea. We saw the beauty that the heavens have seen. The grass was green and the oceans were blue. Beauty all round us, a fine mist covered our bodies. I did not fear, for fear was not at our side.
Fear is below us, in the lonely and desolate grounds we once walked upon, now we fly. Eternity it seems no longer a dream. Perpetuity seemed ever more a possibility. I wanted this dream to never end. The peacefulness and serenity, the allegiance I felt from you, the devotion and admiration I saw in your eyes I immediately cherished. Therefore, we flew not a word spoken for our eyes said it all. The expression in your bright childlike eyes spoke with eloquence. Your lips did not move and yet your persuasiveness to continue our journey was clear. We soared through and above the clouds; your smile was brighter than the brightest star burning for eternity in our skies.
We saw our past we saw our future but the uncertainty of the present no longer a concern. The past, we discounted. The future filled with prosperity.
No longer did we question our existence.
For a moment in time, we were truly peaceful.
Overjoyed with gratification we flew. How I longed to for that illusion. How I longed to dream.

Now I lay awake, but I will treasure this night. This one night that led to this fool’s paradise. A fool I may be but a fool with a dream I am!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

My son is being released from prison