SUCCESS.




Sometimes life teaches you a hard lesson. You can work all your life to achieve a comfortable standard of living , to achieve a certain level of success!, and in a blink of an eye poof!
it's all gone.
How do you measure success?.Well, I think success can only be measured when you are at a point in your life when everything you need is exactly everything you have!
Success means accomplishment, and accomplishment means, Triumph!
Now I am sure we all have different goals and accomplishments we have yet to achieve.We all have a different way of measuring our level of success.During a conversation I had with my Dad recently,trough tears he told me that my Mom was heart broken when she heard I had gone to the the Good Will to purchase some well needed clothing.After all I lost 40 lbs this past year and frankly nothing fits, but sadly I am a bit cash strapped and so I went shopping at the Good will. Shame never crossed my mind. I hope someday people can see beyond what is in front of their eyes, I wish everyone around me could.
Although my mother cried when my Dad told her of my "shopping spree", she wasn't crying for me , but purely because she was embarrassed for my failure. So have I reached "success"? Well I have everything I need and I need everything I have. Do I have everything I want ? The answer is simple, No!
Does that make me a failure? certainly not! Wanting and needing are two different entities.Yet my thirst for profusion leaves me bewildered. Why then do I feel this cavernous yearning in my soul. As I reflect , I realize perhaps I don't have , everything I need . In my heart and in my soul in my inner core I am debilitated and paralyzed by the lack of something. The consequential element missing is not a mystery.It is however elusive and fugitive. The only piece of my puzzle that shall remain astray"LOVE"the missing peice,
I suddenly have concluded that everything I have is not everything I need.I need and want more than what I have.
However a failure I am not , successful I have been. As a man and as a father,but content , I must now be !and strong I must also be for my son!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

My son is being released from prison