Superman !


Listen, I just wanted to clarify something with you , you said.What is it ? I asked.
I don't want you to get the wrong idea about where we stand, you know because I came out to see you today!
I know, don't worry , I said.We can't turn back time, you said.
I know , we can't turn back the hands of time, I know that! I said.

Superman ,when faced with the realization that he would live for eternity without his beloved Lois Lane , in desperation for love managed to stop time by flying around the world back in time . The earth and its mighty power were no match for this immortal being. The world and time stopped , then he flew and flew and flew like he never had before.The earth started to rotate backwards therefore undoing its injustice to his shattered heart. Yes for even Superman with his unstoppable powers could not escape the wrath of a broken heart.Time indeed turned back for him he managed to save his beloved and love prevailed.

Last time I looked at myself in the mirror I saw no big S on my chest and no cape flying in the wind. I am not able to leap tall buildings , my conclusion is that " I am not Superman".
I can not change the past I know that. But perhaps when I saw you today I felt a little ,Super. I again let myself get caught up in your smile , your lovely bright eyes that could melt glaziers.

I guess I was not truthful when I said , don't worry I am not expecting anything from today.Maybe I was not truthful to myself. I just want to understand you and I can't. For the life of me I don't know why you keep popping back into my world and sending it to a crashing halt.You make my world stop , why , why can't you make it turn back also?

I don't know what else to say, except that every time I see you , I see a glimmer of hope. And by the time you leave hope is lost once again.
Please don't do this to me please , I am not Superman.

I am not even Super!

Comments

  1. Who says you're not super?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writer, you're keeping your followers hanging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

My son is being released from prison