One drink.


I feel angry sometimes, I sometimes feel bitter, I loath my existence .
I pray for death to arrive soon.
Depression, anxiety, loneliness, my only companions.
Love hope and faith, they are my adversaries.
The bottle, oh the bottle .

If I could just, have one drink!

That sweet scent! Oh, the burning, as the alcohol warms the coldness in my soul and sooths the yearning in my heart.

If I could just ,have one drink!

Afraid I am not, loneliness not even considered, when the bottle is at my side.
That sweet, sweet aroma, men’s greatest invention for the adolescents still longing for the their mother's bosom .
Just one drink, my shakes will stop my nerves will calm, my head,oh my head, my thinking, it would all would be so clear.

If I could just, have one drink!

The intoxicant, the catalyst to my every dream and desire.
Rationality not even questioned.

Will I live? Will I die?

Who cares as long as the bottle is at my side!


(Think twice my friend)

Comments

  1. The bottle's really bottling you up. Let the lid be and break free. Am listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, am open to listening to your friend as well. But did you check out the other comments i posted? U seem like a fellow soul. And...well, there are more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day from Australia,

    Very honest prose - and I'm sure it'll strike a chord with almost anyone.

    As a photographer and novelist, I'd like to give you one piece of advice. You have some great pictures in your sidebar - Just in terms of layout, I'd like to see some of these pictures used fairly prominently to support your main text.

    It will break up slabs of continuous text and give readers another ``hook'' to attract their interest.

    By the way, you'll find lots of Muskoka content on my blog. What a sensational place Muskoka is.

    Cheers and good luck

    David aka aussiejourno
    http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day from Oz,

    Thanks for the email. Will reply shortly.

    Cheers

    David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pushed over the edge.

The end is near

My son is being released from prison